Government scholarships for the children of immigrant employee
The government will provide scholarships to the children of expatriate workers who have passed the SSC or equivalent examination in 2020. Students have to apply for this. The Ministry of Expatriate Welfare and Overseas Employment informed about this through a notification.
The notification said that only children of those who have gone abroad with clearance from the Bureau of Manpower, Employment, and Training (BMET) or who have become members of the Wage Earners Welfare Board through embassies or high commissions working abroad can apply for the scholarship. Students nominated for scholarships will receive scholarships at a fixed rate.
Some documents have to be submitted for this scholarship.
* Passport, visa, and BMET exit clearance/manpower clearance passport of the expatriate worker or photocopy of membership of Wage Earners Welfare Board through Bangladesh Mission abroad.
* 2 attested passport-size photos of the student by the head of the educational institution.
* Attested photocopy of the original mark sheet of SSC / equivalent examination by the head of the institution.
* NOC certificate issued by Bangladesh Mission abroad in case of children of deceased expatriate workers. However, if you apply online, you do not have to submit these documents initially.
* Students nominated for scholarship in SSC / equivalent category will be given scholarship for 2 years upto class XI and XII and students studying for a diploma for 4 years at the rate of Rs.
* Rs. 3,500 / – will be paid annually along with the scholarship for one-time book and educational materials and other ancillary expenses.
The application can be made in two ways. Can be applied online and directly. Applications can be made online at http://stipen.wewb.gov.bd/stipend/. In addition, free application forms can be collected directly from www.wewb.gov.bd. To apply directly, you have to collect the application form free of cost from the website of the board and send it along with Wage Earners Welfare Board, 9th Floor, Prabasi Kalyan Bhaban, 61-62 Old Elephant Road, Eskaton Garden, Ramna, Dhaka-1000.
Last date of application
Until June 30, 2021